• Edit this message in the [XB] Top Bar style property

Anti-Cheat

Discussion in 'General Titanfall Talk' started by Chris, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Chris

Chris Harbinger of Pastries :)

Recently, Respawn revealed an anti cheat system being released for Titanfall Gamers. The anticheat system works almost like GTA V. Putting cheaters into a cheaters lobby, but not actually banning them completely. Respawn posted a FAQ on their website, explaining how to know if you have been banned and how to contact them if you feel if you were wrongfully banned.

Q.) How do I know if I’m banned?
    A.) Here’s what you’d see at the Private Lobby screen:
    [​IMG]
    If you don't see that, then you aren't banned.
    Q.) So what happens if I get banned?
    A.) Great news: you get to keep playing Titanfall! Less-great news: you only get to play with other cheaters. You can play with other banned players in something that will resemble the Wimbledon of aimbot contests. Hopefully the aimbot cheat you paid for really is the best, or these all-cheater matches could be frustrating for you. Good luck.

Q.) If I’m banned, what happens if I make a party with my non-cheater friends?
    A.)
    When anyone in your party is banned, then everyone in your party will be treated as banned for that play session. If you are a non-cheater and you invite a cheater friend into a party, you will be stuck playing against cheaters. If you stop inviting your cheater friend, you will once again get to play with the non-cheater population. You do not get permanently tainted just by playing with a cheater - you are only banned for cheating if you are actually cheating.

Q.) How do I get unbanned?
    A.)
    You can contact[email protected] if you think you've been banned unfairly.

So remember gamers, play fair and have fun!

Sources:
    Titanfall.com

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. MoBius

MoBius CoDe MonKey

Interesting concept... didn't know GTA V did it that method either. Not sure how I feel about it lol, literally at a loss for words not sure if it's helpful or hurtful.

Don't get me wrong, the anti-cheat is good, but little strange.

3. Chris

Chris Harbinger of Pastries :)

Yeah first time I've seen it done this way, odd but guess we will see how it turns out.

4. ChuckHale

ChuckHale Cadet

It's a weird method to say the least. We'll see how it goes

5. Armageddon

Armageddon The Seasoned Potato

I love this way of handling cheaters, Good for the players and still pretty good for business. A few games i've played had systems like this where hackers would only be able to join "Jail Servers" with other hackers. If they ran the hacks on the jail servers nothing would change but if they wanted redemption back into general population they would have to play on the jail server with no hacks for 100 hours, after 100 hours of logged no hack time they would be allowed back to normal status.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ChuckHale

ChuckHale Cadet

I'm glad that hackers get punished in the way they have to face hackers. 'Here, this is what it feels like to the innocent people you use your hacks on.'

7. eXiLe

eXiLe BuLLeT MaGneT

Well I can see this as "We can hack and still play" then on the respawn side I see it "We're not going to stop it so might as well give them a place to play".

8. Milan

Milan Pilot in Training

yeah your right there... sucks that they wont stop it really. but funny that they have to play against each other. hope they are better hackers and have a better aim bot then the next guy

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jordan

Jordan Grunt

Well, considering the game is $60 and its an online only game, (You can;t play single player) then if you got banned and could not play the game no more after you just bought it, I doubt people would be impressed.

I'm actually glad they did it this way. Let the cheaters go play games with those who cheat.

10. XxSXBxX

XxSXBxX Spyglass

I have to say, this is pretty awesome. I mean if you get put in the lobby you get a taste of your own medacine and hopefully it'll trigger a "This is why hacks aren't allowed-" type thought. Also you're not getting all the money you put on the game go to waste either which is even more awesome in a form, but it does give off the "hack if you want" feeling as well.